'Focused on our village to create a better community'
 








© Copyright 2012
Hargrave Village Online

 

Welcome to the Hargrave Village Website

 


Hargrave is located approximately 5½ miles west of Kimbolton. The village consists of development along Church Road and Church Street, which form a right angle within which All Saints Church is situated. The village was recorded in the Domesday Book as Haregrave. All Saints Church dates from the late 12th Century and was restored in 1868-70.

 





Hargrave is attractively situated in unspoilt countryside close to the Northamptonshire, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire borders. In the village there is a fine Parish church and the towns of Kimbolton and Wellingborough lie to the east and west about 4 and 10 miles respectively provide local amenities including shops and schools.

The village is well placed for communications with the A14 (A1/M1 link) being approximately 6 miles away. There is a mainline train service from Wellingborough to London St Pancras (with journey times of around 55 minutes) together with train services from St Neots to Kings Cross (with journey times of around 45 minutes).

There is a wide choice of public schools in the area, including Oundle, Wellingborough, Bedford and Kimbolton and local sporting activities include golf at Wellingborough and Higham Ferrers together with water sports at Grafham and Rutland Waters.












       
Home | News | Classified | Entertainment | Forum | History | About Us | e-mail